Sunday 5 January 2014

Me and Tony Blackburn........

Well, I've done my first week of training, which included the longest swim set I've ever done....I needed to go home for a sleep after it..it included 2x8x50 m drills and 12x100m with 20 second recoveries. I mainly learnt that I can't count this week....I definitely need to find a system for keeping track of how many reps I've done.....suggestions will be very welcome. I once listened to an episode of the running podcast "Marathon Talk" where Emmerdale actor Tony Audenshaw came up with a novel system of counting hill reps by dividing the two sticks of a twix bar into 3 pieces and first moving them all to the top of the hill then eating them on each following rep...allowing him to count 12 hill reps.....it's  a bit warm in the pool for twix bars...but I like the idea of a treat after each rep...maybe mints...but they don't have the same appeal as chocolate!

New Years Eve brought Bramstones fell race and whilst setting out the route and moving to and from my marshalling spot and taking selfies in my wolf costume, confirmation that my foot injury was more than on the way to being recovered...yey! I've had some great treatments from friends at Global Therapies and #intelligentrecovery is something that I will be ensuring I devote sufficient time to over the next few months.... I'm writing this blog in bed at 19:33....starting as I mean to go on....

The stormy weather has meant that a few of my bike sessions have been on the turbo this week....I have managed to clear a large enough space in the garage for the turbo, which is next to the full size wicker replica of a Harley Davidson, we all have those  in our garages right?! New Year's Day was probably the toughest day in the garage......I was a little worse for wear...having spent the previous evening at Harvey Leonard's which is the local wine and beer tasting establishment.....I was and will stick to the plan...it was a fast spin session followed by a quick but short run. I am still in the process of arranging the downloads of my sufferfest videos so had to make do with radio two for company.....Tony Blackburn was on.....Tony Blackburn and hits that were never hits in England! The music wasn't too bad but the chatter was not to my liking....me,Tony Blackburn in a packed garage with a hangover.......but no pain no gain eh?




No comments:

Post a Comment